The Installation Process Of Radio Shuttle Racking. How To Operate Radio Shuttle Racking Safely?
Radio Shuttle Racking is an semi-automatic storage system that uses robots to operate instead of manual cargo handling methods. This is an intelligent storage rack system so you only need to use the remote control to bring the goods to the desired position in the rack system, so the forklift does not need to go deep into racking and limit dangerous collisions.
In this article, let’s learn about the installation process of Radio Shuttle Racking and how to operate it safely and effectively.
Install Radio Shuttle Racking
Installation process of Radio Shuttle Racking
Radio Shuttle Racking is assembled from many details, including parts of the rack system and Robot Pallet Shuttle that is responsible for transporting goods. Below is the installation process of Radio Shuttle Racking:
- Step 1: Collect all the components of the racks at the construction site according to the location specified by the client. If the storage area is outdoors, it needs to be covered to avoid rain and sun.
- Step 2: Transfer the components to the installation position by forklift, handcart or by hand. Note to strictly comply with safety regulations of the construction site during the transfer process.
- Step 3: Accurately measure and assess the installation layout.
- Step 4: Install Omega cylinder.
- Step 5: Erecting the frame in the correct position as measured.
- Step 6: Install beam bar, pallet support beam according to the designed floor height.
- Step 7: Shoot tacke to fix upright frames and columns guard.
- Step 8: Shoot tacke barrier to the floor.
- Step 9: Tighten bolts to fix the entire racking system.
- Step 10: Clean and check the completion of the project.
- Step 11: Hand over the Radio Shuttle Racking system to check. If there are any problems or requirements that have not been met as initially committed, you can request the construction unit to repair and complete.
For Robot Pallet Shuttle, the Robot will be at the top of each row of rack and goods are placed on top and then move into the racking system via remote control.
Some notes when installing Radio Shuttle Racking
How to install Radio Shuttle Racking?
- Do not install the rack yourself
The installation of the rack should be carried out by a team of highly specialized technicians. Experienced people in installing racks will help ensure the quality of the racking system and ensure safety during use.
- The materials should be ensured for quality
When using high-quality steel materials, it will help avoid deformation or damage to the rack. Therefore, businesses should choose standard steel materials with high thickness to store large quantities of goods safely.
- Conduct a survey of the warehouse floor before installing Radio Shuttle racking.
Radio Shuttle racking includes many lines of rack linked together and there is no passage for forklifts, forming a large-scale rack system that is often used in industrial warehouses with large storage densities. Accordingly, the surface where the racks are arranged must have a flat and solid structure to ensure that the rack stands firmly and is not subsided.
Radio Shuttle Racking operation
Radio Shuttle Racking Operation
- Step 1: The forklift places the robot at the location of the rack row that needs to store goods.
- Step 2: The forklift will place each pallet of goods to the head of the rack row, the position with the transport robot.
- Step 3: Using a Wifi-connected control device, the operator will control the cargo lifting robot and move it to the first empty position on the bracket. The sensors will ensure movement and reach the position of placing the goods.
- Step 4: After transporting the goods to the desired set position, the Robot will return to its original location to be ready for the next cycle. These steps will continue until enough goods are stored.
How to operate Radio Shuttle Racking safely?
Causes of racking damage
- Collision between forklift and rack: The most common cause affecting the structure and quality of the rack is collisions between racks and forklifts. Strong collisions can drop goods from high places, which is extremely dangerous.
- Exceeding allowable load capacity: each racking system has its own load capacity that needs to be complied with, so when storing goods beyond the allowable load range, it will cause unsafe conditions for the racking system, goods and all workers working in the warehouse.
- Using low-quality pallets, not complying with specifications when storing goods on rack leads to uneven force distribution on beam bars and easily damages shelves.
- Warehouse floor subsidence: may be due to inadequate warehouse survey before installation, warehouse floor bearing large loads causing subsidence, thereby affecting racking structure.
How to operate Radio Shuttle Racking system safely?
How to operate Radio Shuttle Racking safely?
- Adhering to the correct allowable load will help ensure safety and avoid unfortunate risks during cargo operation.
- Forklift operators need to be careful to avoid collisions with the racking system.
- Using pallets properly, goods need to be neatly stacked on pallets to limit falling during loading and unloading. At the same time, this is also a way to help pallets not be damaged during use.
- Check and maintain regularly to ensure the shelf works well. In the process of using the rack, they will inevitably experience deterioration and need repair. Accordingly, periodic rack maintenance helps to timely detect damaged problems so that they can be handled promptly.
Above is the basic information about the installation process and how to operate the Radio Shuttle Racking, hopefully it can help you understand this product and choose the right type of rack for your warehouse. If you have a need for advice on Radio Shuttle Racking or warehouse racking for warehouses, please contact us for the support.