How To Install Medium Duty Rack And Safe Operation
Medium duty rack is the most commonly used medium-duty racking for storing light goods in the warehouse. Beside choosing a reputable place to buy medium duty rack, you also need to know about the process of installing a medium duty rack so that you can personally supervise and ensure the racking system is sturdy and safe to use. Let's learn with Au Viet Rack about how to install and operate the medium rack in this article!
Construction of medium duty racks
Before going into the process of installing medium duty rack, we should learn about the structure of it so that the customer can control the types of rack parts that the supplier needs to hand over.
Medium duty racks are made up of discrete parts and are assembled together by bolts. As a result, moving the parts of the rack to the place of installation or storage saves a lot of time and effort.
The medium duty rack is composed of the following parts:
- Omega pillar: bear the main load of the whole racking system.
- Bracing bar: increase the rigidity of the frame, prevent displacement and distribute the force for the pier.
- Beam: linked with the pillar frame to form racks, bearing the load for the floor.
- Lining Material: the main storage area of the whole racking system.
- Tole wave: the main bearing bar and increases the stability of the lining material.
- Foot Pat: Increases the stability of the pole, dispersing the force of the row to the ground.
Medium duty racks composed of removable parts
All details are made from high quality SS400 steel and are powder coated to ensure a durability of 15 years or more.
As the medium duty rack does not need to be fixed to the floor, it can be easily moved to another place when needed.
How to install medium duty rack
Medium duty rack installation process
- Step 1: The supplier gathers goods (parts for medium duty racks) according to the place specified by the enterprise. It is necessary to erect a roof to cover the rain and sun if the cargo gathering area is outdoors.
- Step 2: Transfer the goods to the location to be installed by hand forklift or by hand. Be very careful because if there is a mistake, it will cause damage to people and facilities.
- Step 3: Measure the installation layout exactly as in the official drawing.
- Step 4: Install the Omega pillar frame.
Install the Omega pillar frame for medium duty rack
- Step 5: Build the frame at the measured position.
- Step 6: Install the beam according to the floor height in the technical drawing.
- Step 7: Install the rack lining material that the customer requested before, eg: tole tray, plank, ..
Install the rack lining material for medium duty rack
- Step 8: Tighten the bolts to fix all the joints on the medium duty rack.
Tighten the bolts on the medium duty rack
- Step 9: Clean the installation area and wipe the dust on the rack if any.
Clean the installation area and the rack
- Step 10: Hand over the medium duty rack to the customer for inspection and load testing. If there is a problem with the installation error, the product quality is not satisfactory, the customer can ask the supplier to fix it immediately.
Hand over the medium duty rack to the customer
Notes when installing medium duty rack
- Absolutely do not arbitrarily replace the parts if it is found that the parts are defective or lost. If that happens, it is necessary to immediately notify the supplier for support as soon as possible to avoid the risk of collapse of the rack when arbitrarily replacing parts.
- Must follow the correct sequence of installation steps.
Notes when installing medium duty rack
- Do not skip the load test step: it is possible that after installation, the medium rack looks quite sturdy, but there is still a risk of not reaching the desired load. Therefore, the load test helps to ensure that the rack can hold the amount of goods that customers want, for long-term use.
How to use the medium duty rack and note when using
The way to operate the medium duty rack is not too complicated. Medium duty rack is a type of racking that specializes in storing light to medium load goods, so the process of loading/unloading goods can be manipulated by hand.
For goods on the high rack levels, you can use additional support equipment such as industrial ladder to access the goods.
Note: when loading or unloading goods on high racks with ladder trucks, you need to be very careful to keep people and goods safe.
Above is the installation procedure and how to operate the medium duty rack with some notes. Au Viet Rack hopes that this article will be useful to you. If you have a need to use Au Viet Rack's medium rack products or installation services, please contact us or refer the price quote of medium duty rack. With long-term experience in the rack industry, Au Viet Rack is confident to bring you the best product quality and service.