The application of cantilever rack in warehouses
Cantilever rack is a type of heavy-duty storage rack designed to hold long goods such as sheet materials and pipes. You can probably understand the application of this type of rack just by hearing its name. However, in order to fully maximize the function of this type of rack, businesses also need to learn about the conditions for applying the rack in the warehouse. Let's analyze with Au Viet Rack to see which warehouse is suitable for Cantilever racks!
Factors to Consider When Choosing Cantilever Racks
- Warehouse types
Cantilever racks can be used for all sizes of warehouses as they are flexible and easy to arrange. Apart from storing goods in a warehouse, cantilever racks can also be used outdoors without worrying about damage from environmental impact.
Cantilever racks can be used outdoors
- Demand of loading/unloading of goods
The diverse principles of load and unload are a prominent advantage of cantilever racking. Goods can be loaded and unloaded using both LIFO and FIFO principles. Thanks to the structure and arrangement, cantilever racking creates a convenient space for load and unload. Users do not need to worry about being obstructed by the columns or obscured by other pallet racks.
The main forms of load and unload are through forklifts or manual handling. Users can choose the most convenient form of load and unload based on the weight of the goods.
Easy goods handling with a cantilever rack
- Storage density
Cantilever rack can be placed anywhere along the length of the shelf for storing goods. Therefore, the shelf helps businesses save warehouse space and increase the floor space of the warehouse by 50%.
- Commodity type
Cantilever rack is perfect for storing long bar-shaped goods up to 6 meters, round coil-shaped goods, flat-shaped goods, and large-sized goods.
Cantilever rack are used for warehouses with long, heavy and bulky goods
Types of Cantilever Rack
Depending on the need for loading and unloading goods, cantilever rack are divided into two types: single-sided cantilever racks and double-sided cantilever racks.
Single-sided cantilever racks are often used for goods with medium to heavy loads. Single-sided cantilever racks have only one side that contains arms to support the goods, while the other side of the rack is pressed against the wall or warehouse.
Single-sided cantilever racks
Double-sided cantilever racks are commonly used for warehouses with heavy to extremely heavy loads. This type of rack allows access to the load from both sides, making it easier for forklifts to access the cargo. It also maximizes warehouse space utilization and speeds up loading and unloading times.
Double-sided cantilever racks
Cantilever rack is suitable for which warehouse?
Cantilever racks have wide applications in warehouses, typically such as:
- Cantilever rack for storing flat goods such as boards, gypsum boards, cemboard, PVC carpets,...
Cantilever racks for storing flat objects
Cantilever racks for storing metal mesh panel
- Cantilever rack for storing sawn timber and engineered wood.
Cantilever rack for storing engineered wood
- Cantilever rack for storing twisted steel, steel pipes, aluminum and iron bars, plastic pipes, and long bar-shaped items.
Cantilever rack for storing long plastic tubes
Cantilever rack for storing long steel pipes
Cantilever rack for storing long rectangular items
- Cantilever rack for storing circular-shaped goods such as coiled steel, cable, electrical wire, and fabric rolls in the warehouse.
Cantilever rack for storing machine elements (flange face)
- Cantilever rack for inventory of machinery and equipment storage.
Cantilever rack for holding machinery and apparatus
- Cantilever rack can also be used as display shelves in stores, construction material factories, furniture stores, etc. and can accommodate old cars.
Cantilever racks are used to display old cars
Cantilever racks are used to display old cars
Reasons to choose a pallet racking system for your warehouse
- Cantilever racks are made from high-quality material shelving are very firm and durable, with a usage time of up to 15 years.
- The arms of the cantilever racks can be flexibly disassembled and adjusted according to the user's preferences.
- The speed of loading/unloading goods is faster and collisions are minimized.
- The cantilever rack load capacity typically ranges from 1000 - 6000 kg / level or more. Businesses can comfortably store goods without worrying about collapse.
In summary, cantilever racks are currently the best option for storing long, heavy, and large-sized goods. If you are still unsure about the suitability of cantilever racks for your warehouse, please contact Au Viet Rack or leave your contact information for consultation. Au Viet Rack is honored to advise and serve you.